I know, not many people like salads, at least according to my website traffic, but I love them and everytime I find a new recipe that seems weird and new, I am bound to try it regardless. If you are not a vegetarian though, you can always eat my salads with a generous “side” of beef steak or pork tenderloin. It really works!
Anyway, here it is, all you need to know is inside the recipe card so I think everybody should really give this salad a shot, it was unbelievable.
- ⅓ cup pecans or walnuts
- ¼ cup sugar, divided
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 30oz (800g) lettuce mix (I used butter lettuce)
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2oz (60g) crumbled cheese (gorgonzola or feta)
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions