It’s a bit weird starting a new blog with a bunch of salads, but posting another cupcake or pasta recipe didn’t really work for me since I like neither so I figured “greens” is the way to go. However, don’t get confused because I am not vegetarian, so expect some really greasy stuff later on. Anyway, I really hate these introductions so I’ll just jump in.
Spinach and Mango Salad, who would have thought but the combination with the hot sauce really works. No step by step pictures here, chopping greens is not rocket science so I’ll just post the recipe.
- 2-4 cups baby spinach
- 1 mango, seeded, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tbsp green onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp jalapeño, finely minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar or agave nectar