If you never knew what to do with the random fish that sits in your fridge since a million years ago, assuming it’s not fossilized yet, this recipe is one of those things that you can have done in under 30 minutes and is guaranteed to pleasantly surprise you.
Not a very story oriented recipe to be honest, I think fish is a bit boring as a dish but that’s just me. Wife loves it though and every now and then we get some good combinations going, like this one for example or fish tacos, now that’s my favorite. Anyway, this recipe is worth a try if you had enough pork or beef. It is very refreshing, totally a summer dish and if you have guests or something, is easy on the budget too. Enjoy!
- 4 tilapia fillets
- ¼ cup flour mixed with salt and pepper
- 3-4 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup shallots, minced
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped the way you want
- ½ yellow/red bell pepper. cubed
- Lightly dredge fillets in seasoned flour, shaking off the excess. Brown tilapia in a heated skillet 3 to 5 minutes per side until fish flakes easily. Add the cooked fish to an ovenproof platter and and place in warm oven.
- Add shallots to same skillet that you used for fish and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and stir to mix. Add orange pieces and cook, stirring for about 3 minutes but not too much or the oranges will break apart.
- Remove fish from oven and pour the orange mix over. Serve immediately.