I think skewers are awesome but for some reason I never make them often enough. Wife told me this dish is only good during summer but last week when I made them, she was stuffing her face picking them up right from the grill. Well… not really, but I definitely was very enthusiastic. The good thing about this recipe is… there is no recipe! You can make them with anything you want and like. The only tip here is, if you use wood sticks, make sure you keep them in water for an hour or more, so they don’t burn out on the grill. That’s about it. I hope you all like my picture.
P.S. Wife was making fun of my short and concise post but heck, what am I supposed to say about a bunch of skewers anyway. Plus, I hate when people start telling their sad stories in a food blog, who cares anyway :p. So enjoy, and if you liked it, drop me a line.
- beef, your choice of cut though I used sirloin
- chicken breast
- sweet peppers, different colors
- onions, red and white
- white mushrooms
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dry oregano
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place wood skewers in a bowl of water of proper size and let them sit there for an hour or so, fully immersed.
- Thread meat, veggies on the skewers in the order that you want (no rocket science here)
- Mix all the marinade ingredients and whisk them together; set aside.
- Preheat grill to 350° - 400° F and place the skewers on it, basting with marinade and turning occasionally.