I have been looking at this recipe for a while now with no idea what to write about. I mean what can you say about a freakin’ soup? I am also quite sure not many people care to read my nonsense anyway. Pretty sad when you think about it but I guess those guys with electronics reviews are faring way better than us, the food blogs. Not many bloggers out there know this but you cannot get right into the recipe, usually because the search engines like at least three hundred words per post/page and images or any other media stuff don’t count.
So here I am, talking about nothing, just to get a bit more high in the search engine results lol. Anyway, the soup was something I always wanted to make but I didn’t seem to get around to, until few days ago, when I felt the need for something warm, after successfully avoiding the cold that my wife struggled with. This is a simple vegetable soup, no meat or anything, just some butter but if you are a hardcore vegetarian you can replace with with something else. The taste though, is simply unbelievable and if you crave something hot and healthy, then this is it. I hope you all enjoy it.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 parsnip
- 3 carrots
- 2 celery roots
- 4-5 medium potatoes
- 1 small sweet potato
- 2 tbsp Vegeta
- ¼ cup parsley
- pinch of ground fenugreek
- pinch of ground cloves (or you can take one clove and grind it like I did)
- salt and pepper to taste
- melt the butter in a skillet and add chopped onions; cook until tender then add to your vegetable pot
- cut and clean your vegetables and place them into a pot with 3-4 L of boiling water along with 2 tablespoons of Vegeta
- when ready, remove veggies from pot and puree them using a hand blender or a regular blender until is thick and creamy; reserve the stock
- add reserved stock until you reached the preferred consistency; add cloves, fenugreek, chopped parsley, salt and pepper to taste
- serve hot!