Maybe this is not your normal chicken salad, the one that we all got used of eating at the restaurant, but I personally think this is way above and beyond anything you may have experienced. I know, it is a bit too arrogant of a statement but if you ever tried my tuna salad recipe, then you’d know exactly what I’m talking about.
At first glance, this salad seems to be very similar with the one I was talking about few moments ago, in fact I used it as a source of inspiration, that much is obvious, but there are so many differences, is not even funny. Don’t let the relatively big number of ingredients scare you off, the salad can be ready in a jiffy, cooking the chicken will take the most time but it is worth it.
Other than that, it is a simple recipe, you can change things/ingredients according to your taste, the end result will always be delicious. Probably some time in the future I will post a picture of my wife stuffing her face with it so you know what I’m talking about. lol Enjoy!
- 1 big chicken breasts, cooked the way you want it
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1‐2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh red or green grapes, halved
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup diced pineapple
- ½ cup diced red onion
- Cook the chicken breast the way you want it. Fried, grilled, baked, everything works. Cut it into small pieces and let cool.
- Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, tarragon together in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper accordingly.
- Add the nuts, fruits and onion to the chicken. Pour the mixture over the chicken and toss well.