One of my favorite dishes whenever we go out is the cheese dip. I am so hooked up on appetizers in general that some times I just like to combine a couple of them into a full meal but cheese dip will always be a part of the experience.
I tried various combinations over the years and I think my fave was a cheese and spinach mix but to remain true to my food blogger spirit I made mine with mushrooms instead. Heck, is all about trying new things, right?
My recipe is a combination of three different types of cheese mixed with sauteed mushrooms along with a couple other interesting ingredients. Some of them are not mandatory, like pesto for example, but if you want to share the same experience I had when enjoying this dip, then you have to stick to my recipe. I also made my own pita chips, so go visit my baking website and check out that recipe as well, it will definitely be worth it. Enjoy!
- ½ package cream cheese, softened (4 oz)
- ½ container of cream cheese (4 oz)
- ⅓ cup of pesto, the type already prepared or you can make your own
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- ¼ cup Parmesan, grated
- ¼ to ½ cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, the type packed in oil, chopped
- In a frying pan and a tablespoon of olive oil and sautee the mushrooms until all the water is gone and they become a bit crinkled (maybe 10-15 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 425° F / 220° C and mix all the ingredients directly in a oven resistant pan; add salt and peeper to taste.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until all cheese is heated through, melted, gooey, awesome.