I assume you are not drooling on your keyboard right about now. I have to admit, the picture looks AMAZING even for me and I cannot keep my stomach from growling, though I ate not long ago.
I am pretty picky when it comes to food and it took me a while to get to like nachos. I know, it’s weird, wife told me so many times, but I was never that much into them, or maybe I had never found the right restaurant with a good recipe. My wife is a fan though and after trying different nachos combinations in various restaurants, we finally found one with a good recipe but personally, I wasn’t convinced so I decided to give it a shot myself and one night I made a huge plate for ourselves.
The plate was humongous, it is my extra large 16″ pizza pan, try to imagine how much nachos we ate but it was well worth it. There’s no comparison with anything you might find out there, in a regular restaurant, it was very easy to make and the good thing about it, you can control the quantities of everything, so you get enough cheese if you want, plenty of meat, or whatever else. This recipe is one of many we made and it is by far my favorite. It has hot chorizo, jalapeño and chili peppers and though the quantities are somewhat limited, it is not a dish for the weak, my wife was spitting flames after just few bites but then again, she can’t stand ground pepper either so she’s probably not the best example. Anyway, it was loaded, every layer was carefully stuffed with ground beef and loaded with a three cheese combination, Monterrey Jack, Cheddar and Mozzarella along with black olives and chili peppers. Chorizo and jalapeño I only added on top but feel free to turn it into a bonfire if you want. Looking forward to other ideas you guys might have. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ lb chorizo sausage, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1 bag of nachos
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1-2 chili peppers
- ⅓ cup black olives
- 2 cups of mixed cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, Monterey Jack)
- Preheat oven to 500° F / 260° C.
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef until it's no longer pink. Add cumin, chili powder, salt and mix. Add garlic and chorizo sausage and cook for another 5 minutes.
- On a pizza tray start with a layer of nachos. Top with half the ground beef, 1 cup of cheese and half of your black olives. Repeat with another layer of nachos, meat, cheese and olives.
- Top everything with pieces of chorizo sausage and sliced jalapeno.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.